Saturday, August 05, 2006

•Please find the time to answer the following question:
(This is a really open exercise and we really encourage you to take it in the direction that you feel comfortable with. Please also feel free to answer the question in any medium or manner that you wish (i.e. text, image, sound etc.)

WHY DO YOU LOVE BEIRUT?

Note* for those who would rather write about Lebanon itself or a different city or town or village in Lebanon please do so.

We really believe that our testimonies of love for Beirut/Lebanon will be a wonderful way to express our thoughts on what is happening, and let's face it talk of love is generally well received. It may also be a wonderful exercise for us to remain strong united and sane. Please take time and write a few sentences for us or send us your creations we have wonderful plans for all of your thoughts and really think it's a great follow-up to the stickers.

•••••Please Email us your statements at thelebanonchronicle@gmail.com, or post your comments and we will publish them

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I love Beirut because I grew up there. I love Beirut even more now because I was looking forward to returning next month after 26 years to see a rebuilt Beirut. Israel and Hizbulah have done a good job of making a rebuilt Beirut past tense, but I have faith that it will once again reemerge out of the rubble.
So, how do I get hold of some stickers?

10:57 PM  
Blogger The Lebanon Chronicle said...

send us an email at thelebanonchronicle@gmail.com and we'll send it to you right away...thanks for the why u love Beirut.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Samidoon said...

I love Beirut ..
Because I was born and raised in the States, but Beirut is always HOME.
Because I havent met a person there that didnt make me look twice.
Because Chadours and shorts walk arm in arm, side by side.
Because Malak al Batata, SafSouf, Bliss, Snack Faysal, Uncle Deek...
Beacause I can go anywhere in Beirut, get the latest politics and local gossip for .66 cents
Because the most wise men are found not on AUB's amazing campus but on the corner playing backgammon.
Mostly I love Beirut and Lebanon because it is the home of the Resistance..and because now all Lebanese and Beiruti's are Moqawama.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home